One of the most prudent purchases that a homeowner can invest in is a reliable safe. Some items and documents are too important not to be secured 100% of the time, and a safe can protect these irreplaceable possessions from burglars, unforeseen accidents, fires and human errors. Best of all, securing these essential documents and items will provide you with a peace of mind. Not only will you avoid worrying about the security of these possessions, you will also always know where the items are when it’s time for you to use them.
With that in mind, what types of documents and items do people most often keep in their safe? Below is a list of six of the most popular items that homeowners keep in safes.
1) Original copies of birth certificates. In order to get approved for several government documents, programs or benefits, people must bring with them their original birth certificate. As such, it is imperative that people protect their original birth certificate, making it an ideal document to place in your safe.
2) Your family’s social security cards. Similar to number 1, having your social security card is vital, as it is needed to pursue certain benefits, and can be used for identification purposes. Plus, the task of replacing a lost card can be an arduous process and a bureaucratic nightmare, making the preventative measure of storing the card in a safe that much more appealing.
3) Passports. Keeping your passport and family’s passports in your safe will ensure you always know where they are when it’s time to travel.
4) Legal documents, such as wills, property deeds, stock certificates, bond certificates and life insurance forms would all be best served inside a safe. The last thing you would want is for these important documents to be harmed or eradicated in your filing cabinet during a fire or another weather-induced ordeal.
5) Jewelry. If you have an expensive piece of jewelry that you only wear on special occasions, why not secure it in your safe? This is a much better option than leaving it in a jewelry box, making it susceptible to unsolicited intruders.
6) Sentimental items. Perhaps it’s a USB drive of all of your important family photos, or maybe it’s a family heirloom that’s been passed down for generations that you never want to lose. Nevertheless, the shrewd move to make would be inserting the item in your safe, which will eliminate your anxiety about losing an irreplaceable treasure.
Reliable LockSmith & Security Systems, Inc. has a variety of residential and commercial safes for clients to choose from, including options from reputable companies such as AMSEC, Adesco, Gardall, Hayman and Liberty. We have installed fireproof safes for many business and homeowners in Palm Beach and Broward Counties, and we would love the opportunity to help you protect your valuable treasures. Please contact uswith any questions you may have at(561) 391-6767.
Posted by: Reliable LockSmith & Security Systems, Inc.